making me happy / blowing my mind, the latest (per Tami's request!):
1) 2666. After Savage Detectives, the first novel I'd maybe ever read that was written like poets write, Bolano became my new favorite novelist. This one's a beast. 200 pages in (of what, 900+?), it makes me feel good about writing.
2) Bird & Forest, Brent Cunningham. I know, this one's a few years old now, but I found it in a used book store in Mountain View (!) then read it on the train while on a field trip with 42 8th graders. It's a sweet book, wandery.
3) Picture Palace, Stephanie Young.
and the other newbie from ingirumimusnocteetcomsumimurigni:
4) Action Kylie, Kevin Killian.
These two are too new for me to have a complete sense of them yet, but I've been enjoying the process. & ingirumimusnocteetcomsumimurigni is the only press out there that only publishes poetry that I care about. That's not a surprise to anyone, but I'm glad they're out there.
- Interview @ Rob McLennan's 12 or 20 Questions
- On Anne Boyer, 21st c. girl
- Top-ten as autobiography @ Attention Span 2012
- Three repetitions @ Truck
- One poem @ Spare Room
- One poem @ Ecozon@
- One report on practices @ Harriet
- One poem @ Reconfigurations
- Labor report @ Poetic Labor Project
- Attention Span 2011
- Gertrude Stein's Making of Americans Marathon @ MOMA
- One poem & a reading report @ Jacket2
- Cover @ Poetic Labor Project's April 2011 Transmission
- Interview @ Taiga
- Feature @ Onthology/Audio
- Correspondence with Stephanie Young @ Other Letters
- Interview with Bruce Andrews @ The Argotist
- Review of Ange Mlinko's Starred Wire & The Children's Museum @ Jacket
- Three poems @ William James Austin's BLACKBOX
- One poem @ Caffeine Destiny
- One poem @ Digital Artifact
- Three poems @ Shampoo
- Review of Charles Bernstein's Girly Man & World on Fire @ Jacket